Friday 7 November 2014

THE PHOTO STUDIO AND THE REAL WORLD


I was at the photo studio where I went to take a photo shot of myself few days back. As I got to the studio, waiting for the photographer to come and capture the young guy with great mind, I realized that there's something about the studio of which I'm becoming sensitive of. It was the photo studio and the real world. I was trying to relate myself, the photographer, the camera, the printer and the studio environment to what actually happens in the real world.

Here comes the photographer with his camera ready to capture Acha Harrison in his smart outfit. Firstly, he arranged the background to suit the nature of the picture I wanted. Then, I made it known to him that I needed just two copies of a “Wow" and “Superb" picture of myself.
He captured me many times (7 different images to be specific) at different angles and I went inside the dressing room to change my dress code in order to get the other desired picture of myself. As I came out of the dressing room, guess what? The guy was waiting for me to come out in order for him to altered the background of the studio as against the previous one. This was done, in order for the picture to blend with the background. I was taking note of each of his actions.
He captured me 4 different times and he was done.
The next step was for me to select the two “wow" and “superb" pictures I needed from these many captures; one from each of the outfits. I got the two pictures I needed quit right but that was not all.

I realized that the photo studio can be likened to the REAL WORLD where different people from different background dwell. The picture I had in mind is the DREAM I wish to transform to a reality.
The photographer is the ACTION, the camera the MINDSET and printer is the medium through which DREAMS are transformed into REALITY

How do I mean? It is what I feed into camera that I see and that's what the printer produces. If I smile, what I get back is a smile. If I squeeze my face like the ancient gods of the Babylonians simply because I feel there's nothing good about this world, honestly, that's what I still get in return. It is GIGO (Garbage In Garbage Out).

For your future to be great, you need a dream with the right mindset towards that dream. How do you give your dream the right mindset? It's simply by believing in your dream and acting on your dream.

Did you know that out of the 11 pictures I took, I selected only the best two I was satisfied with? Those two were printed out. As I said earlier, my mind was already made up even before I left for the studio that, I needed just two photos, nothing more nothing less. So any photo that doesn't fall in line with my decision is not fit to stay. What this implies is, in your journey of life, you are going to come across distractions. That's the nature of life; you will see the good, the bad and the ugly. What you focus on the camera is what really matters. Is it the good, the bad or the ugly you are focusing your camera on? The choice is 100% yours. For me I choose to focus my camera on the good and positive. The negative is only for theoretical use, it can never be of practical importance.

I hope this inspires you to focus on the good rather than focusing on the bad and ugly aspect of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment